Hi Canyon friends! Lexi here from Crowded Kitchen, a food blog sharing family-friendly, approachable, mostly plant-based recipes.
We’ve been HUGE fans of Canyon Bakehouse for years – you can’t beat their incredible selection of gluten free breads and baked goods. My all-time favorite Canyon product is their English Muffins! I used to eat English muffins for breakfast a few times a week growing up, and I never thought I’d be able to find a gluten-free English muffin that tastes anything like the original.
Lucky for me, the geniuses over at Canyon Bakehouse came up with the PERFECT gluten-free English muffins. They’re chewy and soft on the inside, crispy on the outside and have plenty of nooks and crannies (the telltale sign of a good English muffin). They just came out with Stay-Fresh English Muffins, which stay fresh for 90 days until opened!
English muffins are (in my opinion) the best option for a breakfast sandwich. They hold fillings better than toast or bagels! This scrambled tofu breakfast sandwich is so easy to make and perfect for an on-the-go option. In addition to quick scrambled tofu, we also added in some spicy mayo, ripe avocado and microgreens.
You can make the sandwich ahead of time, wrap it in aluminum foil and enjoy it as a quick morning breakfast. Or, make it fresh for a work from home snack. Either way, it’s a delicious and filling way to start your day! Check out the Canyon Bakehouse store locator here and pick up a few packages ASAP.
Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Sandwiches
- 14 oz firm tofu
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½-¾ tsp turmeric
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ⅛ tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Canyon Gluten-Free Original English Muffins, sliced in half and toasted
- 2 tbsp spicy mayo
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup microgreens of choice
- Wrap tofu in a towel or paper towel and press out moisture for 30 minutes (we put a heavy pan on top).
- In a large bowl, crumble the tofu. Whisk dry ingredients in a small bowl and pour into bowl with tofu. Stir well to coat crumbled tofu.
- In a pan over medium heat, drizzle a bit of olive oil and add tofu mixture, stirring frequently until warmed and ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, toast English muffins and spread each half with vegan mayo. Add a layer of scrambled tofu, followed by microgreens, avocado, and the other half of the English muffin. Enjoy!
Lexi and Beth are a mother-daughter team of professional food photographers and recipe developers. They co-founded Crowded Kitchen, a recipe website featuring mostly nutritious, plant-based, family-friendly recipes. You can find their recipes at crowdedkitchen.com, or follow along on Instagram @crowded_kitchen for daily updates!