As you can clearly see, we have a fresh new look! This month you’ll be seeing a lot more of our loaves on the shelf. Literally. And while you’ll see some changes to the packaging, you’ll find the same baked goods you love inside the bag.
- Freshness you can see! Translucent packaging gives a clear look at what’s inside the bag.
- We think being Gluten-Free is kind of a big deal! New logo brings Gluten-Free front and center!
- Canyon color gets a boost – cleaner, brighter – bringing more joy to the packaging.
- Easy to see, there’s no gluten, dairy, soy or nuts in our baked goods!
- Gluten Free Certification you can trust.
- Always made with 100% Whole Grains!
- Easy to find ingredient facts!
- Updated nutrition panel to meet new FDA requirements
- We want you to enjoy our loaves when they are at their freshest. Our recommendations for how long to store and when to chow down!
- All of our gluten-free products are Kosher and are certified by the Orthodox Union!
Your Questions Answered: Q&A With Gluten-Free Influencers
We know new packaging can surface some questions, so we talked to a few of our top gluten-free influencer friends to find out what burning questions we could answer for them and you.
Why change the packaging? (Jenny Finke @goodforyouglutenfree)
We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve your experience with our products. We wanted a refresh, not an overhaul. It was time to clear out the clutter and focus on key components that are essential to our values and mission. Our new packaging design makes it easier to identify our important differentiators.
From day one, our mission has always been to bring you gluten-free goods made with wholesome ingredients and baked to the highest quality. We wanted to showcase this quality in a way that was clear to see. And while we *might* (wink! wink!) be launching some new products in the months ahead, we made zero changes to the recipes of our existing lineup of delicious baked goods.
In fact, we’ll never compromise to offer gluten-free breads, bagels and buns that you can trust. All of our products are baked in a dedicated gluten-free bakery and are also free from corn, soy, dairy, and nuts so you and your family can enjoy without hesitation! With our new look, we took the guesswork out of what’s inside the package.
So, as we unveil our pretty new packaging, you can expect the same quality and taste, but now with a new look.
What changed specifically? What’s new on the packaging? (Coral Barajas @glutenfreewithcoral)
While change can be a very good thing, we also know it can come with some anxiety, especially when you’re managing a free-from diet. Providing safe and delicious food to those with food sensitivities is foundational for our company. We made changes so that you can easily identify what’s in – or, more importantly, not in – the package.
We want to assure you the only changes you’ll see are on the packaging! Here’s what’s new:
- Gluten-Free takes Center Stage: Gluten-Free is at the core of who we are. We wanted this to be central to our packaging and logo design as well. The new logo, now placed smack in the middle of the packaging, is bigger with brighter hues of yellow, red and brown and prominently features “Gluten Free” below Canyon Bakehouse. We’ve also added a bold Gluten-Free call-out on the top of the bag.
- Quality you can see: We are passionate about making the best gluten-free bread there is and it all starts with quality. We understand the importance of real food with wholesome, clean ingredients and strive to source the best possible ingredients. That’s why all Canyon Bakehouse products are made with 100% whole grains and contain no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners.
We wanted this quality to be something you could see the second you spot our baked goods on the shelf. We’ve incorporated a larger window into the design so you can see check out the mouth-watering baked goods on the inside of the package. Now you can clearly see the wholesome, gluten-free goodness before you break into the bag!
- Clear communication: We want to make it easier for you to see our free from list and ingredients. This means bigger and clearer call outs and symbols indicating Canyon Bakehouse is free from Gluten, Soy, Dairy, and Nuts and identifying important certifications for Gluten-Free and 100% Whole Grains.
Whether you are getting started on a gluten-free diet or have been purchasing our products for years, we wanted to take the work out of finding these important details. Our new packaging makes it easier to identify these important differentiators.
Did any ingredients change? (Cindy Gordon @vegetarianmamma)
No, our recipes have not changed. As always, you will only find wholesome ingredients in these packages – you won’t find any artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners. Our baked goods are always made with 100% whole grains using ingredients you’d find in your own kitchen pantry like extra virgin olive oil, Purity Protocol oats, quinoa and organic agave.
And, we proudly bake all of our products in our dedicated gluten-free bakery and are Certified Gluten-Free and Kosher. They are also free from dairy, all nuts, casein and soy, so you can enjoy eating without compromise. This is now clearly represented on the packaging.
If ingredients did not change, why did the nutritional information and ingredient statements change? (Erica Dermer @Celiacandthebeast)
Despite there being no changes to our recipes, you will find that some of the values in the nutrition facts labels have changed. This is happening for one of two reasons: first, the FDA recommendation on serving size may be different than what we have calculated in the past and second, the software programs used to calculate the nutritional values can vary slightly which can create differences on label. Finally, as we updated our nutrition fact panels, we also reviewed our ingredient statements to ensure compliance with the FDA regulations and in going through that exercise, the order of some of the ingredients changed on some of our products.
We understand this might sound confusing. However, we want to assure you we have not made ANY changes to our recipes. Only changes to how we submit our recipes for the FDA’s nutritional values requirements. If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us at: https://canyonglutenfree.com/contact/
Who doesn’t love a good makeover?
Over the years we’ve had several brand and packaging updates. Through it all, we always remain true to the delicious flavors and innovative spirit that Canyon has embraced since day one.
We hope you love our new look and that we continue to deliver you gluten-free deliciousness each time you pick up one of our gluten-free baked goods.