HEY, PARENTS! Print off this fun Halloween coloring page to help your kids have a spooky good time!
Dietary restrictions can cause confusion, concern, and often stress for parents. Below are a few tips for navigating Halloween activities when your child has a dietary restriction of any type.
- Almost everything is celebrated with food these days, but you can always enjoy non-food activities and share non-food trinkets.
- Clean! This should go without saying, but it’s important to clean all table surfaces that you may be working on. Whether you’re making a craft or eating a snack, it’s best to start with a fresh clean surface.
- If you’re unsure about a food ingredient or craft ingredient, look for more information and resources at F.A.R.E. With a little research and preparation, you can easily have a fun and SAFE celebration this year!
- If you’d like to include food with your celebration, consider making some allergy-friendly spooky snacks together. Here are a few of our favorites:
Scary never looked so good! Start with avocado and sweet potato mash and work up a fright!
- 4 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Gluten-free Mountain White Bread, lightly toasted
- ¼ C. Mashed Avocado
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ¼ C. Mashed Sweet Potato
- 4 Eggs, cooked sunny-side-up
- Heirloom Carrots
- Salt-free Herbs and Seasonings Mix
- ¼ C. Whole, Raw Almonds
- ½ C. Micro-greens
- Using a steak knife, cut mouths into the toast. Arrange the toast on a serving platter.
- Mix the avocado with the lemon juice and spread onto two slices. Spread the other two slices with mashed sweet potato.
- Cut 4 thin slices from the top quarter of the heirloom carrots for the inner eyes. Reserve the rest (intact) for ears.
- Sprinkle the “cheeks” with seasoning mix.
- Using the mouth of a shot glass, cut the eggs around the yolks to create eyes. Place the eggs/eyes onto each slice of toast, centered above the mouths.
- Add the almonds as teeth, the carrot tips as ears and the micro-greens as hair.
- Serve immediately.
When it comes to Star Wars themed avocado toast, there is no try. Only do!
- ½ Ripe Avocado
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- 1 Canyon Bakehouse English Muffin, halved and toasted
- Fresh Blueberries, halved
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the avocado, lemon juice and salt. Mash until smooth.
- Spread the avocado mixture onto each toast.
- Place two blueberry halves in the center of each toast as “eyes”.
- Using the back of a fork, create lines over the “eyes” as “wrinkles.”
- Place two basil leaves at either side of each pair of “eyes” as “ears.”
No need for hungry haunting. A little avocado and cheddar will bring you right back to life!
- 2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Ancient Grain Bread, toasted
- ½ Large Avocado
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- Sprouts or Microgreens
- Sliced Colby Jack Cheese
- Candy Eyes
- In a small bowl, mash together the avocado, lime juice and kosher salt.
- Spread each toasted bread slice with the mashed avocado mixture and assemble with candy eyes.
- Cut the cheese slices into ¼-inch strips and lay them over top to make mummy wrap, letting the eyes peek through.
- Tuck the microgreens in around the top edge of the toasts as hair.