Wisconsin Butter Burger Melt
1 lb. 85% Lean Ground Beef
2 Yellow Onions, sliced to ¼ inch
4 Swiss Cheese Slices
5 Tbsp. Butter
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp. Sugar
4 Tbsp. Prepared Vinaigrette Dressing
Salt & Pepper
4 Canyon Bakehouse Burger Buns
1. Form the ground beef into four patties and season evenly with salt and pepper. Brush each side generously with the vinaigrette dressing.
2. Place 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1 Tbsp. butter, and the sliced onions in a medium-sized cast iron skillet over medium heat. Stirring frequently, sauté́ the onions in an even layer until softened. Add up to 1 tsp. of sugar as needed to aid caramelization.
3. Reduce the heat and cook the onions for about 35 minutes until caramelized. Add water or more butter as needed to prevent sticking.
4. Meanwhile, butter the buns generously.
5. Transfer the caramelized onions to a plate. Increase the heat slightly and add the hamburger patties to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side (add more vinaigrette after flipping).
6. Add the sliced Swiss cheese and allow it to melt onto the burger. Transfer to a plate.
7. Wipe the skillet and toast the buns butter-side down until the butter is melted and the bun is crisp.
8. To serve, assemble the burgers with caramelized onions.
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 40 min