Turkey Meatball Subs
1 lb. Lean Ground Turkey
¼ C. Plain Gluten-Free Crackers, finely ground
1 Shallot, minced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. each: Dried Basil, Oregano
1 tsp. each: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Sea Salt, Black Pepper
24 oz. Prepared Pizza Sauce
4 Canyon Bakehouse Sub Rolls
¼ C. Shredded Provolone or Mozzarella
Fresh Chopped Parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, ground crackers, egg, and spices and incorporate.
- Roll the ground turkey mixture into 2-inch balls and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes, flipping the meatballs mid-way through to ensure browning on all sides. Transfer to a plate and line the baking sheet with fresh parchment paper.
- Heat the prepared pizza sauce in a small saucepan over medium-low until heated through.
- Arrange the Sub Rolls on the baking sheet, cut side up. Place 3-4 meatballs in each roll and cover with ¼ cup of pizza sauce. Top with shredded cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley to serve.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes