Tuna Melt with Tomato and Cheddar
¼ C. Mayonnaise
1/8 tsp. Celery salt, to taste
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 (5 oz) Cans Albacore Tuna, drained well and flaked
½ C. Coarsely Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Roma tomato, finely diced (about ½ C.)
3 Green Onions, finely chopped (about ¼ C.)
8 Slices Canyon Bakehouse 7-Grain Bread
¼ C. Butter, softened
- Combine the mayonnaise, celery salt and olive oil in a small mixing bowl and whisk to emulsify.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flaked tuna, shredded cheddar and prepared vegetables. Add the mayo mixture and incorporate.
- Lay the slices of bread on a foil-lined baking sheet and spoon a thin layer of the tuna mixture onto each. Place them under a broiler for 2-4 minutes until the cheese begins to melt and the corners are just golden.
- Place a skillet over medium heat.
- Press the broiled slices together to form 4 sandwiches. Spread butter onto the outsides of each.
- Lightly grill each sandwich on both sides until golden and crisp.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 10 min