Toasted English Muffins with Almond Butter and Spiced Berry Compote
½ C. Almond Butter
½ C. Spiced Berry Compote (below)
4 Canyon Bakehouse Honey Whole Grain English Muffins, halved and toasted
½ C. Spiced Apple Cider
2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Zest
¼ C. Fresh Lemon Juice
2 C. Berries, fresh or frozen
Spiced Berry Compote
- In a small saucepan, combine the spiced apple cider, lemon juice and zest. Bring to a low boil over medium heat.
- Add the berries and return to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes before transferring to a jar. Cool for at least 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Spread each toasted English muffin half with almond butter and finish with a spoonful of compote.
- Refrigerate the remaining compote for future snacking.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 20 min + 30 min chill time