Toast with Grilled Tomatoes and Mozzarella
6 Vine-ripened Tomatoes, cored and halved horizontally
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, plus more for drizzle
Kosher Salt and Pepper, to taste
6 oz. Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
2 Sprigs Fresh Basil
2 Garlic Cloves, halved
1 Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Ancient Grain Bread
- Heat a pre-seasoned stovetop grill pan to medium or allow a charcoal grill to settle and die down.
- Place the prepared tomatoes in a large bowl and add the olive oil. Season generously with kosher salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Place the prepared tomatoes face-down on the grill. Allow them to soften slightly and form grill marks before turning. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side and remove them from the heat.
- Arrange the grilled tomatoes on a platter and tuck sliced fresh mozzarella in-between.
- Toast the bread and rub each slice generously with the halved garlic cloves.
- Drizzle the tomatoes and mozzarella with olive oil. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves and serve with garlic toast.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 5 min