Thyme for Grilled Pear & Gruyere Sandwiches
½ C. Unsalted butter, softened
3 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves, finely chopped
1/8 tsp. Kosher Salt, or to taste
1 C. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 C. Gruyere Cheese, shredded
1 Fresh Pear, thinly sliced
8 slices Canyon Bakehouse Honey Oat Bread
Herbed Butter (see above)
Honey, for drizzling
- In a mixing bowl, combine the herbed butter ingredients and incorporate with a hand mixer.
- Spoon the herbed butter into a 4oz jar. Place the lid and refrigerate any excess.
- Arrange all the bread slices on a sheet pan. Incorporate the shredded cheeses and divide the mixture among the slices.
- Place the sheet pan on the center rack of the oven. Turn on the broiler and toast the slices open-face for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted but not browned.
- Fan a few pear slices on top of four the cheese toasts before closing the sandwiches.
- Place a greased grill pan over medium heat.
- Spread the herbed butter on the outsides of each sandwich. Working 1-2 at a time, grill each sandwich until both sides are crisp and golden.
- Drizzle with honey to serve.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min