Scrambled Egg and Cheese on Brioche with Caramelized Onions and Chipotle Mayo
2 Red Onions, cut into ½ inch rings
1 tsp. Tamari Sauce
½ tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
½ tsp. Liquid Smoke
½ tsp. Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp. Olive oil
Kosher Salt, to taste
2 tsp. Butter, for the pan
6 Eggs, whisked
Sliced Cheddar Cheese
Caramelized red onions (see above)
6 Canyon Bakehouse Brioche-Style Sweet Rolls, halved and toasted
Prepared Chipotle Mayo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the liquid ingredients together.
- Place the tossed onions flat on the foiled baking sheet. Brush with the liquid mixture, season with salt and roast for 20-25 minutes, flipping half-way through.
- Once the onions are browned and crisp at the edges, remove from the oven and transfer to a plate to cool slightly.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Drop the whisked eggs into the melted butter. Allow the egg to cook in place, just until the bottom begins to set.
- Using a small wooden spoon, pull the outside edges of the egg toward the center of the pan. Continue, scrambling until the eggs are cooked but still moist. Remove from the heat.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 25 min