Dry Chili Rubbed Tofu Sandwich With Avocado Lime Aioli
Spice-rubbed tofu stacked with cool avocado, lettuce and bright lime aioli on our savory Everything Bagel.
- Lime Aioli (see below)
- Dry Rub (see below)
- 1 Thick Slice Firm Tofu
- 2 tsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Avocado
- Butter Lettuce
- 1 Canyon Bakehouse Everything Bagel, toasted
- ¼ C. Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lime Zest
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Red Chili Flakes
- Salt, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the lime aioli ingredients. Cover and chill for 20 minutes.
- In a small shallow dish, whisk together the dry rub ingredients.
- Press the tofu with paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Lay the tofu in the dry rub mixture and coat all sides. Allow the tofu to stand and absorb for about 10 minutes.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Once the oil is hot, coat the skillet and add the seasoned slice of tofu.
- Cook the tofu until golden on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip and repeat cooking on the other side.
- Spread the toasted bagel with aioli. Assemble the sandwich with the seasoned tofu, avocado and lettuce.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 5. Min