Tempura Sweet Potato Sandwiches with Apple, Watercress & Green Curry Aioli
Deliciously different, this vegetarian sandwich is assembled on our Original English Muffins.
- Red Apple Slices
- 4 Canyon Bakehouse Original English Muffins, halved and toasted
Tempura Sweet Potato
- 2 C. Canola Oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ tsp Kosher salt
- ¾ C. Ice Water
- ¾ C. All-Purpose Flour
- 1 sweet potato, sliced into 1/8-inch slices
Green Curry Aioli
- 1/3 C. Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Green Curry Paste
- To make the aioli, drop the mayonnaise into a small bowl and slowly whisk in the olive oil. Whisk the green curry paste into the mayonnaise mixture. Chill for 20 minutes.
- To make the tempura, beat the eggs in a mixing bowl and incorporate the ice water.
- Sift together the salt and flour before adding to the egg mixture gradually.
- Bring the oil to 360 degrees in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Test the oil with a small drop of batter. It should turn golden, but not burn.
- Dry the sweet potato slices with a paper towel.
- Using tongs, drop the sliced sweet potatoes (5 at a time) into the batter and then into the pan. Cook 30-60 seconds on each side, until just golden. Remove from the oil and place on a cooling rack to drain onto paper towels. Repeat with remaining slices.
- Spread the aioli onto one half of each toasted English Muffin.
- Between the muffin slices, assemble the tempura sweet potato, sliced apple and watercress as desired.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 10 min