Meat Loaf Sandwich
“Mom-style” meatloaf is made with Bob’s Red Mill Rolled Oats, then sliced and served warm on Heritage Honey White Bread with ketchup, dill pickles and crisp lettuce.
- 2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Honey White Bread
- 3 oz. Thick-slice Meatloaf
- Sliced Dill Pickles
- 1-1/2 Pounds lean ground beef
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 C. tomato juice or tomato sauce
- 1 Egg, whisked
- 1 C. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free Rolled Oats
- ¼ C. Chopped Onion
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, combine the ground beef, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, whisked egg and tomato sauce. Fully incorporate.
- Fold the oats and onions into the mixture.
- Mold the mixture and place it into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Brush the top with ketchup.
- Bake the meatloaf for 1 hour until the center reaches 160 degrees and the juices run clear.
- Drain the juices and allow the meatloaf to rest in the pan for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Layer the sandwich with ketchup, a thick slice of meatloaf, dill pickle slices and lettuce.
- Reserve the remaining meatloaf for additional sandwiches another meal.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 1 hour