Roast Pork and Caramelized Onion Sandwiches with Apples and Gruyere
Caramelized onions and thick sliced roast pork topped with green apple and melted gruyere cheese, served on our Heritage Style Honey White Bread.
- 1 lb. Roast Pork, thick sliced
- 1 Onion, sliced in ¼ inch rings
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Green Apple, sliced
- 8 oz. Gruyere Cheese
- 8 slices Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Style Honey White Bread, toasted
- To caramelize the onions, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the sliced onions in a thin layer on the bottom of the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Cover the onions, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add small amounts of water as needed to avoid sticking.
- Once caramelized, allow the onions to cool.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the rack in the middle of the oven and turn on the broiler.
- To make the sandwich fillings, individually assemble the sliced pork, apples and gruyere in 4 stacks on the parchment paper and place under the broiler, just until the cheese melts.
- Place the caramelized onions and the broiled fillings between the bread slices to make 4 sandwiches.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min