Chick-Patty Sandwich with Honey Mustard Sauce
You won’t get closer to that old drive-through favorite than this homemade version with fresh marinated chicken breast and perfectly seasoned, gluten-free breadcrumbs.
- 4 Canyon Bakehouse Gluten-free Hamburger Buns, toasted
- 8-12 Dill Pickle Chips
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, fileted
- ½ C. Dill Pickle Brine
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Cane Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 C. Breadcrumbs, made with 5-6 slices Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread, dried
- ¼ C. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
Honey Mustard Sauce
- ¼ C. Honey
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Yellow Mustard
- 3 Tbsp. Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tsp. White Vinegar
- ½ C. Mayonnaise
- In a small bowl, add the cane sugar to the pickle brine and whisk until dissolved.
- Place the chicken filets into the brine mixture and marinate in the refrigerator for ½ hour.
- Once the filets have marinated, whisk the egg in a shallow dish.
- In a separate shallow dish, combine the breading ingredients.
- Working in batches, dip the filets into the whisked egg and then the breading before carefully laying into the hot oil. Watch for a moderate sizzle and adjust the heat as needed.
- Cook the breaded filets until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to cool slightly.
- Serve the filet on the toasted buns with waffle fries and honey mustard sauce on the side.
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 20 min