Rainbow Veggie Bagel Sandwich
Bagels can be an underrated sandwich option! When you pile on these delicious, colorful veggies, you get the perfect rainbow sandwich, just in time for back to school season!
1 Canyon Gluten Free Everything Bagel
4 tbsp beet harissa hummus (recipe below)
Beet Harissa Hummus:
1 15.5 oz can chickpeas (drain, reserve liquid)
3 small cooked beets
5 tbsp tahini
4 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/4 tsp salt
3 cloves garlic
1-2 tbsp harissa paste
3 tbsp olive oil
1-3 tbsp reserved chickpea liquid (for consistency)
- Add chickpeas, beets and tahini to a food processor and blend for about 10 seconds.
- Add lemon juice, salt, garlic and harissa and blend about 30 seconds. You may need to scrape down the sides of processor with a spatula.
- Slowly stream in olive oil, and finish with chickpea liquid until you reach desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Store in airtight container in fridge for a week.
- To assemble sandwich, spread each bagel half with hummus, and layer with sliced purple cabbage, sliced cucumber, spinach, tomatoes, etc. Enjoy!
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Beth and Lexi, a mother-daughter team from Michigan, create delicious that bring the family together around the dinner table despite various dietary differences. Check out more of their amazing recipes at CrowdedKitchen.com!