B.L.T. Burrata, Lettuce, and Tomato Chutney Sandwich
- 2 slices Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Style Whole Grain Bread
- 1-2 tbsp tomato chutney
- ¼ cup burrata
- 1/3-1/2 cup arugula
- 1 tbsp turmeric pickled shallots
- sprouts (optional)
- Toast your Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Style Whole Grain Bread on medium heat until slightly browned.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of tomato chutney onto your bread, covering both slices.
- Smooth the burrata over one side of the bread.
- Top with arugula and pickled shallots.
- Add sprouts if you so choose.
- Slice your Sammie in half.
- EAT UP.
- 8 roma tomatoes, skin removed and diced thinly
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce (sub Sriracha)
- 1/4 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tbsp salt
- 1/8 tbsp pepper
- Heat a saucepan over high heat. Add olive oil and garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- After 30 seconds add in all other ingredients.
- Bring the pan to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer for 45-60 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Take off heat, and transfer to a jar or container.
NOTES: To remove the skin of your tomatoes, simply slice off the side with the stem, making a flat surface on one side. Do this to all of the tomatoes, and place them flat side down in a large bowl. Pour boiling hot water over the tomatoes and allow it to sit for 45-60 seconds. Drain the water, and the skins will slide right off
Turmeric Pickled Shallots
- 2-3 shallots, sliced thinly
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp crushed black pepper
- Add all ingredients, excluding shallots, to a pot. Heat over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile add all of your sliced vegetables to jars, leaving about 1" of space at the top.
- Stir your pot, take it off the heat, and carefully pour your Sweet Turmeric pickle brine over each vegetable until your jar is full.
- Allow jars to sit, open, for one hour before adding the lid and storing them in your refrigerator.