Meatball Sub Sandwiches
These tender, perfectly seasoned meatballs are nestled in a gluten-free bun with marinara sauce and melted mozzarella.
- 6 Canyon Bakehouse Hot Dog Buns
- 6 Mozzarella Cheese Slices
- Grated Parmesan, for topping
- 12 Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
- 8 oz. Ground Beef
- 8 oz. Ground Pork
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ C. Gluten-free Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 C. Grated Parmesan
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- ½ Tbsp. Dried Onion Flakes
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 C. Marinara Sauce
- Place the ground beef and ground pork in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the egg and Worcestershire to the ground meats and combine.
- Add and the bread crumbs, grated parmesan, onion flakes, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Fully incorporate into the mixture.
- Divide and hand roll the meatballs, about 1 ½ - 2 inches each.
- Heat the olive oil in a 3 qt. stock pot.
- Working in batches, slowly brown the meatballs on all sides. Cook until tension is felt in the center of each.
- With the last batch of meatballs, add the rest of the finished meatballs and marinara sauce to the pot and bring to a low simmer. Reduce the heat.
- Line up the buns on a serving platter and line each with a slice of mozzarella.
- Spoon 2-3 meatballs onto each bun and sprinkle with grated parmesan. Serve immediately.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 15 min