Korean Bo Ssam Sandwiches
For an incredible Korean style sandwich, we stacked tender shredded pork onto a gluten-free bun and layered it with red chili sauce, kimchi and creamy cilantro mayo.
- 6-8 lb. pork butt (bone-in)
- ¾ C. granulated sugar
- ¾ C. kosher salt
- 5 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ¼ C. Korean (Gochujang) Red Chili Pepper Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, ground
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp. Sesame Oil
- ¼ C. Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 C. Bo Ssam Pork, shredded
- ¼ C. Korean Sauce
- ¼ C. Cilantro Mayo
- ½ Tbsp. Hoisin Sauce
- 4 Canyon Bakehouse Hamburger Buns, toasted
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- Fresh Cilantro
- Jalapeno Slices
- In a small bowl, combine the salt and sugars.
- Rub the mixture into the pork and cover with plastic wrap. Chill the roast overnight.
- Place the roast into a slow cooker and cook for 8-10 hours, until tender.
- Remove the roast from the cooker and place it in a large bowl to shred with forks.
- Once the meat is shredded, spoon drippings over the top or place it back in the cooker to keep warm.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the sauce. Optionally, add 1 Tbsp. water (or pork jus) until desired thickness is reached. Set aside.
- Combine the ingredients for cilantro mayo in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Scrape the bottom half of the toasted bun w/hoisin sauce and add about ¼ C. of the shredded meat.
- Top the shredded meat with Gochujang sauce.
- Layer the sandwich with pickles, kimchi, jalapeno and fresh cilantro as desired.
- Spread the top half of the toasted bun w/cilantro mayo and place it on the sandwich to finish. Serve immediately.