Herbed Butternut Squash Panini w/Gruyere
- ½ Butternut Squash, sliced to ½ inch
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Sage, sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 12 oz. Gruyere Cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 C. Arugula or Spinach
- 8 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Style Honey White Bread
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange sliced squash on parchment paper. Brush both sides with olive oil and season with sage, salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash for about 30 minutes, turning midway through.
- Brush the outsides of the bread with olive oil. Layer each sandwich with arugula, roasted squash, chopped walnuts and gruyere.
- Before serving, press each sandwich in a panini grill, or on the stovetop between two heavy skillets.