Flying Piggy Pesto Sammie
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- Four slices Canyon Gluten Free Heritage
Style Whole Grain Bread
- Four ounces Pulled Pork Tenderloin
(I bought mine uncooked from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup Organic Annie’s Original BBQ Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Hope Foods Kale Pesto Hummus
- 2 cups chopped Kale
- 1/2 cup Lisanatti shredded almond
- 1 heirloom tomato, sliced
- 1/2 cup sprouts
- 2 whole eggs
- Black pepper
- Garlic Powder
- “Everything but the Bagel”
Trader Joe’s seasoning
- Using a crockpot, cook pork tenderloin with Organic Annie’s Original BBQ sauce for three hours. Once cooked, pull apart the pork into shreds using two forks, set aside.
- With a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass, press a hole in the center of two slices of Heritage whole grain bread.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Place all slices of bread on the skillet to toast. Once this side is golden, flip all the pieces, and crack the egg straight into the center of the two holes.
- Sprinkle the egg with black pepper, garlic powder, and Trader Joe’s “Everything but the Bagel” seasoning, cover. Cook until desired yolk consistency and all the bread slices are golden. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet on medium-low heat, cook kale with garlic powder. Once kale has softened, turn off burning, and slowly stir in almond mozzarella cheese until fully combined/melted.
- Build the sammie from the bottom up. Starting with the eggless toasted slices of bread, two tablespoons of Hope Foods Kale Pesto Hummus, Kale/Almond mozzarella cheese mixture, sliced heirloom tomato, pulled pork, sprouts, and finishing with the Egg in a Hole slice. Cheers!