Pulled Jerk Chicken Sandwiches with Mango Salsa
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ C. Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Jerk Chicken Seasoning
- 2 ½ lbs. Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 C. Chicken Broth
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ C. Diced Canned Tomatoes
- 1/4 C. Cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 8 Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Heritage Style Bread
- 8 Butter Lettuce Leaves
- Mango Salsa (recipe follows), and Fresh Cilantro, for garnish
- Lightly sauté onions and garlic over medium heat, until just tender. Add jerk seasoning, and sauté for 1-2 minutes more until fragrant.
- Add the sautéed mixture to a slow cooker and lay the chicken breasts on top. Pour the chicken broth, vinegar and tomatoes over the chicken.
- Slow-cook the sandwich filling ingredients for 2-4 hours.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a large bowl to shred.
- Return the sandwich filling to the slow cooker with the cilantro and lime juice, and combine.
- Assemble the sandwiches on buns with lettuce and filling. Garnish with mango salsa and fresh cilantro.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE MANGO SALSA
- 1 Jalapeno pepper, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1 ½ Mangoes, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 ½ Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 3 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
- Combine ingredients, cover and chill for 15-20 minutes before serving.