Thai Tofu Peanut Sandwiches
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut Oil
- 1 Package Firm Tofu, pressed and sliced into four sandwich-sized pieces
- ¼ C. Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 Tbsp. Tamari or Soy Sauce, divided
- 1 Tbsp. Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 ½ tsp. Chili-garlic Sauce, divided
- 1-2 Tbsp. water
- 1 English Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 C. Carrots, shredded
- 1 Bunch Fresh Basil
- ¼ C. Peanuts, chopped (for garnish)
- 8 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Gluten-free Bread, toasted if desired
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1 Tbsp. tamari or soy sauce with ½ tsp. chili garlic sauce. Brush each tofu slice, front and back. Allow the tofu to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, make the sauce by whisking together the remaining tamari, rice vinegar, honey, remaining chili-garlic sauce, and water.
- Add oil to a skillet over medium heat. Brown each slice of tofu on both sides.
- Assemble each sandwich by layering basil, browned tofu, peanut sauce, and veggies. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts to serve.