Pastrami and Caramelized Onion Sandwich
- 2 pieces of Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Deli Rye
- ¼ pound of pastrami
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese
- ½ onion, chipped finely
- ½ tablespoon of cooking oil
- Preheat oven to broil
- In a small pan, add cooking oil over medium heat
- Add chopped onions and cook until they turn golden brown, about 20 minutes, stirring often
- Toast deli rye bread
- On one piece of bread, add Swiss cheese, top with pastrami, caramelized onions, another slice of Swiss cheese and the remainder of the pastrami.
- Place the sandwich on a cookie sheet and place in the oven. Watch very carefully and remove as soon as the cheese is melty. Enjoy immediately!
Makes 1 sandwich