Spinach Goat Cheese Quinoa Burger
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 pieces of toasted Gluten Free Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup spinach, cooked and dried
- 1 egg
- 1 white onion sautéed
- ½ cup of goat cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- Salt to taste
- red onion
- bean sprouts
- On the stovetop, cook two cups of quinoa
- Meanwhile, chop your spinach finely and lightly sauté it in a pan, adding a little water to help steam. Once cooked, use a paper towel to squeeze out excess water and set the spinach on a fresh paper towel to dry.
- Chop your toasted bread into small pieces and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sautéed onions, egg, cooked quinoa, goat cheese, cumin, turmeric and salt.
- Combine until the mixture is sticky enough that you can form patties with your hands. Form small patties and place on a plate.
- Store in the refrigerator for an hour so that the patties become more firm for frying.
- Oil a pan on the stovetop and add the pre-formed patties. Fry until browned.
- Serve on Canyon Gluten Free Hamburger Buns and add bean sprouts and red onions!