SALAMI SANDWICH WITH PESTO AND TOMATO PRESERVES
Canyon Bakehouse Country White Bread
2 Tbsp. Tomato Jam (see below)
2 Pre-made Pesto, frozen into cubes
3 oz. Genoa Salami
2 oz. Sliced Provolone
10-12 Small Fresh or Home Canned Tomatoes, chopped
1 C. Cane Sugar
2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
Red Pepper Flakes (optional, to taste)
- To make the tomato jam, combine the tomatoes, cane sugar, and lemon juice in a 3 qt. saucepan. Bring to a low boil.
- Reduce the mixture to a simmer. Cook for about 45 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened. Season with salt and red pepper flakes, to taste.
- Allow the jam to cool before pouring into a pint jar. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Before making the sandwich, allow the frozen pesto to defrost at room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- Spread one slice of bread with pesto and the other with tomato jam. Then, assemble the sandwich with salami and provolone.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 45 min