Pulled Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
½ C. Cane Sugar
3 Tbsp. Gluten-free Soy Sauce
¼ C. Apple Cider Vinegar
½ tsp. Ground Ginger
1 Clove Garlic, minced
Black Pepper, to taste
2.5 lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts and Thighs
4 Canyon Bakehouse Hawaiian Sweet Bread, toasted
- Place the chicken pieces in the bottom of a crockpot on the standard-setting.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cane sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, ground ginger, and garlic.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the chicken. Place the lid on the crockpot and cook for 4-6 hours, until it can easily be shredded with a fork.
- Once the chicken is shredded, place it back in the crockpot with the liquid and keep it warm.
- Using tongs, assemble each sandwich with about 1/3 C. of shredded chicken, a slice of provolone and a ring of sliced pineapple.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 4 hours