MUSHROOM STUFFED ARTICHOKES
Lemon water (2 lemons, halved and juiced into in 2 qt. water)
6 Artichokes, stemmed, outer leaves and hearts removed
2 C. Chicken or vegetable stock
Stuffing (see below)
3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Butter
1 C. Breadcrumbs made with Canyon Bakehouse Mountain White Bread
½ C. Sautéed, finely chopped mushrooms (see below)
¼ C. Chopped Fresh Italian Parsley, divided (half for garnish)
2 Tbsp Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp crushed hot red pepper, divided (half for garnish)
Salt and Pepper, to taste
6 oz. Fresh Mushrooms
1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare an 9×13 baking dish with oil or cooking spray.
- As the artichokes are prepared, submerge them in the lemon water.
- Remove the prepared artichokes from the lemon water and place them top down on a clean kitchen towel to drain.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the stuffing ingredients together. Set aside.
- Working one at a time, spread the leaves of each artichoke. Fill the center with stuffing, and between each layer of leaves.
- Nestle the stuffed artichokes into a prepared baking dish.
- Pour the stock around the stuffed artichokes, into the bottom of the dish.
- Shake the remaining stuffing over the entire dish and into the broth.
- Season with salt, pepper, the remaining parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cover with foil and pierce with a knife, to vent.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 min, until leaves are tender.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes, until the tops are browned.
- Spoon the sauce into shallow soup plates and serve the artichokes on top.