Mushroom, Herbs and Fontina Toast
1 C. Sliced Cremini Mushrooms
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Minced Shallot
1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
½ tsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves
2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse 7 Grain Bread
2 Slices Fontina Cheese
- Place the mushrooms in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Season the mushrooms with salt and pepper and cook for about 3-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add olive oil to the pan as needed to avoid sticking.
- Add the shallots and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the vinegar and sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Finish the mushrooms with fresh thyme leaves and remove from the heat.
- Arrange the mushroom on the bread slices and top with fontina.
- Place the toasts under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese is golden and melted.