For alfredo sauce:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 T (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup quality grated parmesan cheese
- Sauteed vegetables (spinach, broccolini, onions, sun-dried tomatoes)
- Protein (bacon, grilled chicken, Italian sausage)
- Cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, feta)
- Alfredo Sauce: Rather than using a traditional tomato sauce, we decided to make this a white pizza with Alfredo sauce. This sauce can be made in under 5 minutes, and it can be used not only for this pizza, but for your favorite pasta dish or chicken dish, too. Begin by adding a cup of cream to a sauté pan and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the butter until it is emulsified. Your sauce should begin to thicken. When the butter and cream are completely combined, whisk in the parmesan cheese. Continue to whisk until the cheese has melted and you have a creamy sauce.
- Toast the Focaccia – Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the focaccia in half lengthwise so that you have a top and bottom piece. Brush the cut-sides of the bread with olive oil and place in the oven to toast (about 3 – 5 minutes). One bread will make two pizzas.
- Add the Toppings – Here’s the fun part! Select whatever toppings you would like to create this dish. We added sautéed spinach, grilled chicken, sausage, bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, and mild cheddar cheese in addition to the creamy Alfredo sauce.
- Bake & Serve – Place your pizzas in the pre-heated oven about 3 – 5 minutes, until the cheese melts and all of the toppings look warmed through. Serve and enjoy!
View the how-to video here!