Broccoli Foccacia with Cream Sauce
A simple, seasonal snack with a rich cream sauce, broccoli rabe, lemon pepper, asiago, and red chili flake.
- 1 Loaf Canyon Bakehouse Rosemary Thyme Focaccia Bread
- ½ C. Béchamel Sauce (see below)
- ½ Bunch Broccoli Rabe, lightly steamed
- ¼ C. Shredded Asiago
- Lemon Pepper
- Red Chili Flakes
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- ¼ C. All-Purpose Flour
- 2 C. half-and-half, warmed plus a little more if necessary
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of cayenne
- Grated nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the flour to the melted butter and whisk to combine. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Whisking, gradually add the milk. Allow the mixture to gently simmer between additions.
- Once the mixture thickens, season with salt and pepper, cayenne and nutmeg, to taste.
- Place the focaccia bread on the parchment paper and spread the top with béchamel sauce.
- Top the béchamel with steamed broccoli rabe, asiago, lemon pepper and red chili flakes. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the edges of the focaccia are toasted, and the cheese is melted.
- Allow the focaccia to cool for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 15 min