Squash, Kale and White Bean Soup with Herbed Parmesan Croutons
This warm, hearty soup is packed with delicious fall ingredients and served with savory and cheesy croutons made with our Rosemary and Thyme Focaccia.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil, plus more for croutons
- 1 Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 3 C. Butternut or Acorn squash, diced
- 4 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 (15 oz) Can Cannellini Beans, drained
- 4 C. Vegetable Broth
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 C. Kale, stemmed and torn
- 1 loaf Canyon Bakehouse Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia Bread
- ½ C. Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Heat the oil in a 3 qt. stock pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic and cook until soft. Add the Italian seasoning and cook for two minutes more.
- Add the diced squash and cook for about 5 minutes, until just golden on all sides.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, beans and vegetable broth.
- Bring the soup to a boil before reducing it to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir the torn kale into the soup, cook for 5 minutes more and reduce the heat to low.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the rack in the middle of the oven and turn the broiler on.
- Cut the focaccia into 1-inch strips and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Lightly broil the croutons on one side before flipping and sprinkling with shredded parmesan.
- Place the croutons under the broiler for 2-5 minutes more, until the cheese has melted and the edges are crisp.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the warm croutons.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 35 min