Mushroom Swiss Burger
There’s a reason that savory sautéed mushrooms and melted Swiss belong together. This burger!
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 Canyon Bakehouse Burger Buns
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 3 Tbsp. Onion, minced
- 1Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 8 oz. Mushrooms
- 2 Shallots, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, 1/3 of the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Form the meat mixture into 4 patties, slightly flattened. Set aside and prepare the grill.
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the shallots to the pan and sauté until softened and just browning.
- Add the butter and mushrooms to the shallots and sauté for 2-3 minutes before adding the remaining garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the thyme leaves and cook the mixture for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Place the patties on the grill. Cook until browned on both sides and tension can be felt in the center.
- Right off the grill, place a slice of swiss cheese onto each patty.
- To assemble each burger, place the cheese covered patties onto four buns. Top with sautéed mushrooms and arugula.
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 15 min