Hot Dogs with Quick Sauerkraut
A quick, homemade sauerkraut turns these juicy hot dogs into go-to grillers.
- 6 All-beef Hot Dogs, Grilled
- 6 Canyon Bakehouse Hot Dog Buns
- 3 C. Quick Sauerkraut
- Pickle Slices and Mustard, for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Yellow Onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ tsp. Coarse Salt
- ½ Head Green Cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- ½ C. Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ C. Apple Juice
- ½ C. Water
- Begin by cooking the sauerkraut in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat the olive oil.
- Add the sliced onions with salt to the pan and sauté until soft.
- Add the remaining sauerkraut ingredients to the pan and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture until cabbage is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Once reduced, pour the sauerkraut into a pint jar to cool. Store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Assemble the grilled hot dogs inside buns on a serving dish.
- Top each dog with sauerkraut.
- Garnish with pickles and mustard as desired.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min