Gluten-free Beer Cheese Burger
This juicy, satisfying burger gets a big, delicious dollop of creamy (gluten-free) beer cheese sauce.
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 3 Tbsp. White Onion, minced
- 1Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Red Onion Slices
- Red Leaf Lettuce
- 4 Canyon Bakehouse Hamburger Buns
Beer Cheese Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Gluten-free Flour
- ½ C. Milk
- ¼ C. Gluten-free Beer
- ½ tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Hot Paprika, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Form the meat mixture into 4 patties, slightly flattened.
- Place the patties on the grill. Cook until browned on both sides and tension can be felt in the center. Set aside to make the beer cheese sauce.
- Melt the butter in a 3 qt. saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisking, add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk a splash at a time and continue to whisk until thickened and bubbly.
- Whisk the gluten-free beer, Dijon mustard, garlic powder and salt.
- Add the cream cheese and cheddar. Stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Place each burger patty on a bun with a spoonful of the beer cheese sauce. Sprinkle with hot paprika.
- Add the red onion slices and lettuce, as desired and serve immediately.