Roasted Root Vegetable Salad with Goat Cheese
- 1 Bunch Heirloom Carrots, peeled
- 2 Beets, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 Parsnip, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 12 Purple Pearl Onions, halved
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 2 Sprigs Thyme
- Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 4 C. Winter Greens (Arugula and Spinach)
- 4 oz. Goat Cheese
- ½ Canyon Bakehouse Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia Bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine peeled and chopped root vegetables and herbs. Toss with 1 Tbsp. Olive oil and season to taste.
- Spread the root vegetables onto a prepared baking sheet and place on the upper oven rack. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread the cubed focaccia bread onto the other prepared baking sheet, and place on the lower oven rack. Bake for 10 minutes, until just golden and crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Dress the winter greens and arrange on four small salad plates.
- Top the greens with the roasted root vegetables. Add small pinches of goat cheese and the focaccia croutons to serve.