Sliced Brussels Sprouts Salad with Pancetta
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts
- ½ C. Walnuts, coarsely chopped and lightly toasted
- 2 slices Canyon Bakehouse Gluten-free Mountain White Bread, stale and grated into coarse crumbs
- ¼ C. Gruyere, grated
- 4 Slices Thick Bacon, cut crosswise into ¼ inch strips
- 2 Tbsp. Bacon Fat
- 2 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
- Using a mandolin or a chef’s knife, slice the Brussels sprouts into a bowl.
- Combine the chopped, toasted walnuts with the breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Cook the cut bacon in a pan over medium heat, until crispy. Retaining the bacon fat, spoon off the bacon and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the bacon fat, red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- To serve, toss the salad with the warm dressing and top with grated gruyere and breadcrumb mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.