- 1 tablespoon of olive
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 carrots
- ½ a leek, chopped
- 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 15 oz. can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- ¼ cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, destemmed and chopped
- 5 slices of Canyon Bakehouse Gluten Free Deli Rye
- ¾ cup of freshly grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large oven-safe pot, heat the olive oil on the stove on medium heat. Add garlic, onions, carrots and leeks and sauté until the onions are translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add the full can of tomatoes, the drained beans and the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and let cook on high for about 10 minutes.
- Add the basil, fresh thyme and rosemary and reduce the heat. Let simmer for another 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from the heat and layer the bread over the soup. Cover with the parmesan and set in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheese begins to harden on the bread.
- Remove from the oven and serve in bowls with a piece of the cheesy bread. Enjoy!