Split Pea Soup with Rosemary and Thyme Croutons
For the soup
- 15 oz. of dried split peas
- 2 Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large leek, sliced thinly
- 2 carrots
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoons of oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
For the croutons
- Canyon Bakehouse Rosemary and Thyme Focaccia Bread
- Olive oil
- In a large pot on medium heat, add all the ingredients for the soup.
- Cook for 45 minutes to an hour, or until the split peas are completely cooked and soft. Add more vegetable broth or water if needed.
- While the soup is cooking, make the croutons. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Cut the bread into ½ inch squares and place them on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden in color. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Using a hand blender, blend the soup until it is smooth.
- Serve soup and top with croutons!