Gluten-Free Jalapeno Popper Hot Dogs
RECIPE BY FLIPPIN’ DELICIOUS
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened (I used dairy free cream cheese)
- 6 Canyon Bakehouse Gluten-Free Hot Dog Buns
- 6 of your favorite gluten free hot dogs
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crispy
- Roast the jalapeno peppers (turning frequently) until evenly blackened on a grill, gas range, under the broiler, or using a kitchen torch. Immediately place in an air-tight container or seal in a bowl with plastic wrap. Let sit for 10 minutes. Seed the jalapeno peppers, cut them in half lengthwise, and scrape the skin off with the back of a knife.
- Finely chop the jalapeno peppers in a food processor. Add the softened cream cheese and pulse until smooth.
- Scrape the jalapeno cream cheese into a plastic bag with the corner cut off for squeezing, or a small serving bowl for spreading.
- Grill or cook your hot dogs and lightly toast your gluten free hot dog buns, if desired.
- For each hot dog, fill your gluten free hot dog bun with a grilled dog, jalapeno cream cheese spread, and bacon as desired.