Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken Sliders
1.5 lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Kosher Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
1 C. Chicken Broth
½ C. Prepared BBQ Sauce, plus more for serving
½ tsp. Garlic Powder
½ tsp. Onion Powder
1 Pkg. Canyon Bakehouse Hawaiian Sweet Rolls, halved and toasted
Chicken, pulled (see above)
Prepared BBQ Sauce, to taste
12 oz. Sliced Provolone
1Red Onion, sliced
- Season the chicken breasts with kosher salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the broth, ½ C. BBQ sauce, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bottom of a 6 or 8 qt. Instant Pot. Add the seasoned chicken and place the lid, turning it to the locked position.
- On the pressure cook setting, cook the chicken for 12 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes before flipping the switch to manually release the remaining pressure.
- After the pressure is released, lift the lid and transfer the chicken to a large plate. Pull the chicken apart, using two forks.
- Transfer the pulled pork back to the instant pot and keep warm.
- Using tongs, place 1/8 C. pulled BBQ chicken onto the bottom half of each toasted roll. Layer with 1-2 Tbsp. BBQ sauce and1-2oz. sliced provolone cheese.
- Arrange the assembled rolls on a baking sheet under a low broiler for 1-2 minutes, just until the cheese is melted. Add the onion slices, place the tops, and serve the sliders warm.