Hummus and Microgreens on Toast with Sliced Avocado
1 Ripe Avocado
2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse 7-Grain Bread
- Spread toast slices with hummus and then sprinkle them with microgreens.
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise, rotating around the pit. Twist to separate the halves.
- Start with the half without the pit. Remove the skin by tearing it at the top and peeling it backward.
- Place the avocado half face down on a cutting board. Make horizontal cuts across the surface, about ¼ inch wide. Using the blunt edge of the knife, lay the slices back on themselves like a deck of cards.
- Sliding the knife underneath the slices, lift them onto the toast.
- Repeat with the other half of the avocado. Note: gently hack the knife blade into the surface of the pit and twist the avocado half to separate it from the fruit.
- Sprinkle the toppings with seaweed gomasio.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 0 min