Hot Roast Beef with Cheddar and Spiced Apple Barbecue Sauce
Featured ProductHeritage Style Whole Grain
Thin and tender roast beef served hot and smothered in cheddar cheese sauce over spiced apple barbecue sauce on toasted Heritage bread.
1 C. Cheddar Cheese Sauce (see below)
8 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Bread, toasted
½ C. Prepared Spiced Apple Barbecue Sauce
1 lb. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
1 Tbsp. butter
1 ½ Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
¾ C. Milk
½ tsp. Dijon Mustard
1/8 tsp. Onion Powder
1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
½ tsp. Kosher Salt, or to taste
2 oz. Cream Cheese
1 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- Melt the butter in a 3 qt. saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisking, add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk a splash at a time and continue to whisk until thickened and bubbly.
- Whisk in the Dijon mustard, onion powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Add the cream cheese and cheddar. Stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp. water. Ruffle the sliced roast beef, place four piles in the pan. Cover and cook until the water is evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Spread four slices of toast with prepared apple barbecue sauce and assemble each with ¼ lb. steamed roast beef.
- Spread the remaining four slices of toast with cheddar cheese sauce and place on top of the steamed roast beef.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min