Hot Roast Beef with Cheddar and Spiced Apple Barbecue Sauce
1 C. Cheddar Cheese Sauce (see below)
8 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Bread, toasted
½ C. Prepared Spiced Apple Barbecue Sauce
1 lb. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
1 Tbsp. butter
1 ½ Tbsp. All-Purpose Flour
¾ C. Milk
½ tsp. Dijon Mustard
1/8 tsp. Onion Powder
1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
½ tsp. Kosher Salt, or to taste
2 oz. Cream Cheese
1 C. Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- Melt the butter in a 3 qt. saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisking, add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk a splash at a time and continue to whisk until thickened and bubbly.
- Whisk in the Dijon mustard, onion powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Add the cream cheese and cheddar. Stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp. water. Ruffle the sliced roast beef, place four piles in the pan. Cover and cook until the water is evaporated, about 4 minutes.
- Spread four slices of toast with prepared apple barbecue sauce and assemble each with ¼ lb. steamed roast beef.
- Spread the remaining four slices of toast with cheddar cheese sauce and place on top of the steamed roast beef.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min