Hawaiian Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
½ C. Unsalted butter, softened
1 Clove Garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. Fresh Herbs, finely chopped (parsley, thyme or a blend)
1/8 tsp. Kosher Salt, or to taste
Herbed Garlic Butter
½ C. Prepared Pizza Sauce
8 oz. Pepperoni Slices
8 oz. Canadian Bacon Slices
½ C. Crushed Pineapple, drained
8 oz. Grated Fontina Cheese
8 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Hawaiian Sweet Bread
Herbed garlic butter (see above)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the herbed butter ingredients and incorporate with a hand mixer.
- Spoon the herbed butter into a 4oz jar. Place the lid and refrigerate any excess.
- Spread four slices of bread with prepared pizza sauce. Place them on a foiled baking sheet and assemble with pepperoni and Canadian bacon.
- Spread the other four slices of bread with drained crushed pineapple. Place them on the foiled baking sheet and sprinkle with grated fontina cheese.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, just until the cheese begins to melt.
- Place the tops on each of four sandwiches. Spread the outsides with herbed garlic butter and grill on both sides until golden brown.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min