Ham and Cheese Brioche Sandwiches
1 Tbsp. butter
1 ½ Tbsp. Gluten-free All-Purpose Flour
½ C. Milk
¼ C. White Wine
½ tsp. Dijon Mustard
Pinch of Salt
2 oz. Cream Cheese
1 C. Shredded White Cheddar or Gruyere Cheeses, or a combination
6 Canyon Bakehouse Brioche Buns, sliced
½ C. Cheese sauce (see above)
12 thin slices ham
6 slices provolone cheese, cut into quarters
2 Tbsp. Butter, melted
2 Tbsp. Finely Grated Parmesan
- Melt the butter in a 3 qt. saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisking, add the gluten-free flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk a splash at a time and continue to whisk until thickened and bubbly.
- Whisk in the wine, Dijon mustard, and salt.
- Add the cream cheese, white cheddar and/or gruyere cheese. Stir until all the cheese is melted.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Assemble each slice bun with 1-2 Tbsp. cheese sauce, 2 folded slices of ham, and 2 quarter slices of provolone cheese. Place the tops and brush with melted butter. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Place the assembled sandwiches on the prepared sheet pan and toast in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes, until the tops are golden, and the cheese is melted.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min