Grilled Turkey Cheddar with Cranberry Chutney and Caramelized Shallots
4 Shallots, sliced into thin rings
1-2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
12 oz. Fresh Cranberries
¾ C. Cane Sugar
½ C. Fresh Orange Juice
2 tsp. orange zest
¾-inch Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Country White Bread
2 Tbsp. Butter
2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
2 Tbsp. Cranberry Chutney (see above)
3 oz. Sliced Roast Turkey
2 oz. Sharp White Cheddar, grated
- To caramelize the shallots, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the sliced shallots in a thin layer on the bottom of the skillet. Stirring, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pan. Stir every 10 minutes until a deep golden color is achieved, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the chutney ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring them to a boil and cook over medium heat until the berries begin to break, and the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread the outsides of the bread with butter and the insides with Dijon mustard, followed by cranberry chutney. Assemble the sandwich with leftover turkey and grated white cheddar.
- Place the buttered sandwich onto a hot griddle. Grill both sides until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted.
- Store the leftover shallots and chutney in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 35 min