Grilled Peas and Cheese Sandwiches
1 C. Chicken or Vegetable Stock
2 C. Frozen Peas
½ C. Grated Parmesan, plus more for grilling
½ Garlic Clove, minced
2 Tbsp. Chopped Parsley
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
3 oz. Cheddar cheese, cubed to ¼ inch (about ½ C.)
8 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Country White Bread
- Bring the vegetable stock to a simmer and add the peas. Cook until the peas turn plump and bright green. Strain the liquid from the peas and retain about ¼ C.
- Place the peas in a food processor along with the reserved cooking liquid, grated parmesan, garlic and parsley. Pulse to chop. Add olive oil as needed and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the cubed cheddar. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread each slice of Country White Bread with a thin layer of the pea mixture and place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Broil for 3-4 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt, and the edges of the bread turn brown.
- Assemble the broiled slices into 4 sandwiches. Butter the outsides and sprinkle with more grated parmesan, if desired
- Place a grill pan over medium heat. Grill each sandwich until golden on both sides.
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min