GRILLED CHEESE WITH COMTE COUNTRY HAM AND HONEY CRISP APPLE
2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Ancient Grain Bread
2 Tbsp. Butter
Pinch of Dried Herbs and Seasonings Blend
Pinch of Flaked Sea Salt
¼ Honey Crisp Apple, sliced
4 oz. Country Ham
2 oz. Grated Comte Cheese
Caramelized Shallots (see below)
Fresh Thyme Leaves (optional garnish)
4 Shallots, sliced into rings
1-2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- To caramelize the shallots, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the sliced shallots in a thin layer on the bottom of the skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until softened.
- Cover the skillet and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle the shallots with water, as needed to avoid sticking.
- Remove caramelized shallots from the heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and sprinkle with seasonings.
- Lay one slice, butter-side-down into a skillet over medium heat. Assemble with caramelized shallots, sliced ham, grated cheese and sliced Apple. Place the top butter-side-up and flip the sandwich in the pan.
- Grill the sandwich until both sides are golden and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 5 min