Grilled Cheese with Apple Butter, Brie & Caramelized Shallots
2 Slices Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Honey White Bread
3 oz. Brie, sliced
4 Shallots, sliced into rings
1-2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Heat a griddle to 325 degrees.
- To caramelize the shallots, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the sliced shallots in a thin layer on the bottom of the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with water as needed to avoid sticking.
- Spread one slice of bread with apple butter and top with brie slices. Spread the other slice with caramelized shallots.
- Place the two prepared slices of bread together and place on buttered griddle. Cook until golden on one side. Flip and cook the other side.
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 30 min