Green Chile Cheeseburger
4 Fresh New Mexico Green or Anaheim chiles
1 lb. 85% Lean Ground Beef
3 Tbsp. Onion, minced
1 Clove Garlic, minced
Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
4 Thick Slices Cheddar or Jack Cheese
½ C. Avocado Mash (see below)
½ C. Prepared Tomato Salsa
4 Canyon Bakehouse Burger Buns, toasted or grilled
1 Avocado, mashed
Fresh Lime Juice
Salt, to taste
- Roast the chiles on a grill or a foil-lined baking sheet under a broiler. Use tongs to turn until all sides are blistered. Transfer to a plate or a rack to cool.
- Trim the tops off the chiles. Cut them in half lengthwise and remove the skins and seeds. Set aside to make the burgers.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Form the meat mixture into 4 patties, slightly flattened.
- Place the patties on a prepared grill or a non-stick pan on the stovetop over medium-high heat. Cook until browned on both sides and tension can be felt in the center. Transfer to a plate.
- Right off the grill, lay the cheese slices over the hot patties.
- Combine the ingredients for the avocado mash and spread on the bun tops.
- Once the cheese has melted, place the cheeseburger patties on the bun bottoms.
- Assemble the burgers with roasted green chiles and salsa.
Prep: 10 min
Cook: 20 min